Monday 10 December 2012

Advent la la la la la!


I went out with my vegetarian colleague just after pay day to Loving Hut Archway and we were well and truly stuffed! I gobbled down everything so fast I only remembered to take a photo of the starter! We had the mixed hor d'ourves which consisted of samosas, spring rolls, crispy seaweed, faux prawn toast, faux spare ribs and faux battered chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce.


We then had faux duck and pancakes, followed by tofu with crispy noodles and vegetables and a hot pot made up of faux lamb, chicken prawns and veg. This was served with faux chicken fried rice.
We were too full to have any dessert but did manage some pu erh tea which is suppose to have lots of health benefits including aiding weight loss! On that note an update on one of my missions, I have not lost any more weight in the last month but I have lost 1.5 inches off my hips and 0.5 inch off my waist so all going well. 

I volunteered on the www.vegansociety.com stall at the Animal Aid Christmas without Cruelty fayre at Kensington Town Hall. We saw lots of people and gave out lots of information and advice, and managed to sell a few books and other bits to help raise funds for the society. I didn't buy anything but I did try a few samples of foods and had a lovely burrito from Shambhu's (www.shambhus.co.uk

I attended my cousin's wedding on Friday 7th December at http://www.theoldrectoryvenue.com/ I was served melon with a mango sauce for starters, a Christmas dinner with ratatouille to replace the turkey and fruit salad for dessert. The only disappointment was that there was no vegan gravy.

I sent off my vegan food parcel this lunch time so it got to my swapper in plenty of time. http://www.tohappyvegans.com/wordpress/uk-vegan-food-swap/ 

I can't wait for my Christmas parcel and will feature it in my next post.

I got our Advent Calendars from www.montezumas.co.uk in their shop in Spitalfields market. It's a right proper chunk of dark chocolate and I usually wait until the evening as its a bit much first thing!


I've also been enjoying some other Montezuma chocolate, their Lordy Lord (with cacao nibs) and Chilli. I've also had mini moos from Moo Free, the standard dairy free milk and dairy free milk with honeycomb, all delicious although I do prefer dark chocolate. 


Anyway that's me done for today, hope all your preparations are going well!

Until next time Veg Heads!
Vgirl Xx






No comments:

Post a Comment