Friday 11 January 2013

Vegetarians Paradise Bhel Poori

Last night on my vegetarian colleague and my monthly veggie meal out tried this vegetarian Indian restaurant in Bloomsbury.
It was a nice sized room and there were a few diners there when we arrived around 6.
They serve a lunchtime and evening buffet both reasonably priced and this is what my colleague opted for. There was a variety of curries with rice and breads and mixed starters like onion bhajis, samosas and pakoras.
I went a la carte and had a potato cake on a bed of chickpeas to start followed by a masala dosa, a pancake made of lentil flour filled with a spiced mashed potato, I also had some chana masala (chickpea curry) the waiter did point out I'd ordered a lot of chickpeas but I was aware of this and hey I love them!
It was all very good food. I think the dosa could have been half the size as it was enormous and just been filled with the potato it was a bit samey, the coconut chutney that came with it was really nice and quite sweet.
We were well attended to and not rushed at all, I think we were there over two hours chatting! I had masala tea and my friend had a coffee as we were too full for dessert.
Prices were very reasonable and our total bill came to £22 incl soft drinks.
This is a great place for veggies and meat eaters alike. Great tasting reasonably priced food with service to match!

Next month we're checking out the Japanese restaurant in Kings Cross

Til next time Veg heads

Vgirl Xx

1 comment:

  1. I love dosas! They are pretty much my favourite food in the world - I really like the tube-like ones, but the triangular/square flat dosas are good too. Sambar is divine!

    ReplyDelete