Tuesday 28 August 2012

Lots of Goodies!

I went to the Vegan Summer Fete organised by Vegan Campaigns on Saturday in Holborn and met up with some members of the London Vegan Meetup Group.
There were lots of food stalls, but they were mainly cakes and chocolates and I think it could have done with a bit more savoury and complete meal offerings. I had a lovely salad from Rainforest Creations and some delicious Bessant & Drury`s chocolate ice cream. I was also very interested in Inspiral`s products but I had already purchased four cupcakes from Ms Cupcake to take home and I am going to Camden next Sunday, so will check out their shop while I`m up there. I think they should have had some clothing lines there especially shoes as vegan`s often struggle to find affordable footwear.
After the fete Mother and I ventured north to Vegan Cross through the pouring rain. I bought some crisps, a twilight bar, (like a mars bar) a chickenish pasty, some Hickory Smoked Tofurky deli slices, some Topastofu paté and a bottle of Fritz cola. I really enjoyed it all but thought the twilight bar was quite expensive for what it was.
I visited some friends in Brighton on Sunday and had a vegan hot dog and some veggie kebabs with them. Glad to find out that Sainsburys love soya sausages are now egg free and vegan-friendly although it wasn't clearly advertised on the packet.
Fellow blogger Fat Gay Vegan has started a campaign to get Fry's into Sainsburys - I hope it succeeds as I think their products are great but rarely eat them as it involves a trek to Holland and Barrett. http://fatgayvegan.com/2012/08/25/petition-time/

Next time I will be including a review of a vegetarian restaurant in the Lake District once I have the comments from my friend.

Laters Veg heads!

Vgirl Xx









No comments:

Post a Comment