Wednesday 5 September 2012

Trying out some gorgeous new food!


I did my measurements on Saturday and I have lost another inch off my hips and another inch off my waist! Its all going well just got to keep going!

Last Sunday I ventured into Camden to try out some goodies. I went to Ha Ha Veggie Bar and had a "Monkey Burger" which is a veggie burger in a seeded bun with peanut butter and banana, it sounds odd but was absolutely divine. I meant to take a picture but I was so hungry at the time I forgot. I also got two ring jammy doughnuts from Cookies and Scream which were very tasty too. I also discovered that the Co-Op's jam doughnuts and custard doughnuts are vegan, unfortunately I do not have a store locally but will have to stock up next time I go down to my Nan's.

I went to the Paralympics this week and saw Swimming, Table Tennis and Athletics. I really enjoyed myself. I had been warned that there wasn't much of a vegan offering at the Olympic Park so I took my own food. From what I could see there wasn't much. There was an Indian stand with vegetable curries and side dishes and a Jacket Potato stand that you could get a jacket and beans from but not much else. It was also very expensive so unless they had vegan food that was out of this world I doubt I would bought it there.








I tried two new recipes today. The first was a vegan chorizo tortilla from www.chocolateandbeyond.co.uk/2012/vegan-chorizo-spanish-tortilla.html#more The gram flour and soya milk made a really nice batter and I'm definitely going to try this out with different fillings in my tortilla. My Mum loved it too!



I also tried out a coconut semolina pudding that was so easy and tasty. I'm a bit young to have had semolina pudding at school, but this really hits the spot with a dollop of raspberry jam. http://vegan-ftw.tumblr.com/post/16088866915/coconut-semolina-pudding


Going to go cook some dinner now, all this blogging is exhausting!

Until next time, take care

Vgirl Xx





No comments:

Post a Comment