Sunday 25 November 2012

Lots of cooking!

I have tried to cook lots of dishes recently. I really love cooking in Autumn and thought I'd share some of my dishes.

Watercress soup with homemade flatbreads
 Roasted tomato, pepper and lentil soup with extras for vegetarian colleague!
Pesto Pinwheels, easiest snack ever, roll of jus-rol puff pesto jar of Meridian pesto slather it on roll it up cut and bake for 20 mins at 180 degrees!
Homemade pumpkin ravioli (a first!) in tomato, chilli and olive sauce
Sausage hot pot, easy dinner on a school night
Even omni boyf has been getting on the act and made me this lovely roast! next is to work out vegan yorkshire puddings!

The other lovely foodie thing this week was receiving my vegan food swap box from Jojo in Brighton (http://www.veganinbrighton.blogspot.co.uk/) http://www.tohappyvegans.com/wordpress/uk-vegan-food-swap/ 

I had only tried two of these 10! (count them!) treats before, the pop chips and the fruit yoyos, which were as lovely as remembered. The apple crisps were really tasty and sweet and a lovely mid-morning snack at only 66 calories. The trek bar was a great breakfast replacement and reminded me of a giant nakd bar. The clearspring seeds with cranberries and soya were different from your normal seed mix and again a great office drawer snack. The primal texas bbq soya jerky was a great savoury snack, its not as chewy as its meaty counterpart but I loved the smoky taste and its a flavour I really crave. The chocolate covered raisins were a delight and the bitter chocolate and raw cacao powder is a nice contrast to the sweet raisin. I only need a couple of these to sate any sugar craving so I think they'll keep me going for a while! The strawberry pepper dark chocolate had a nice flavour but I couldn't really taste the chocolate. The two treats I have yet to try are the raspberry brownie and chocolate, raspberry bar, but I'm sure they will be just as tasty as the rest of the box. Can't wait for next month's Christmas box!
Hope you've enjoyed the pics

See you next time Vegheads

V Girl Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment